Scotland Memorial's Cardiopulmonary Department treats inpatients and outpatients in Cardiology, Neurodiagnostic, Respiratory, and Vascular services.
Our cardiology services are provided by appointment and on an emergency basis Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and offers full coverage in all areas of cardiology. Services include:
Routine Stress Testing
- Full service echocardiography with 2-D, M-Mode
- Color Flow and Transesophageal Imaging
- 12 lead EKG with internist over-read
- Dynamic Electrocardiography (Holter Monitor and Event Monitor)
- Tilt Table Testing
- Pulse volume recording with segmental limb pressures.
- Pediatric Echo Telehealth is done in association with Duke University Medical Center
Currently, our board certified cardiologists include:
- John Brooks M.D. Cardiology of FirstHealth Cardiology Services, with office hours in Laurinburg and Pembroke
- Olujide Lawal M.D. of FirstHealth Cardiology Services, with office hours in Laurinburg
- William Harris M.D. of FirstHealth Cardiology Services, with offices in Laurinburg and Pembroke
- Ruby Geronimo, ANP-C, of Scotland Memorial Hospital’s Cardiology Department
- Allison Scott, FNP, of FirstHealth Cardiology Services, with office hours in Laurinburg and Pembroke
Our pulmonary services offer complete pulmonary function studies with ventilation, lung volumes and capacities, and diffusing capacity by appointment and on an emergency basis Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Our neurodiagnostic services are offered by appointment and on an emergency basis Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Board certified neurologist Dr. John Mahon is on staff at Scotland Memorial Hospital.
Included in these services are:
- Routine EEGs, drowsy and asleep
- Peripheral nerve conduction velocities and EMGs
- Evoked potentials
- Pediatric EEGs 15 years and under are sent to Chapel Hill to be interpreted by a pediatric neurologist
Dr. Mahon offers the following in-office testing:
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Ambulatory and video electroencephalography
- Nerve conduction studies
- Ankle brachial index
At Scotland Memorial Hospital, our respiratory therapists provide 24-hour respiratory therapy services, including but not limited to:
Routine Aerosol Treatments
- Pentamidine Treatments
- Chest Physical Therapy
- Incentive Spirometry
- Oxygen Delivery
- Mechanical Ventilation of newborns and adults
- Arterial Blood Gas Puncture and Analysis
Insertion of indwelling arterial catheters and endotracheal intubation (elective and emergency.
- Non-invasive Ventilation (BIPAP/CPAP)
Inpatient Sleep Screenings
Appointments are scheduled through Centralized Scheduling at 910-291-7248 for all services except the Sleep Center, which is scheduled by calling 1-866-937-6692.